Link 2 Ireland:
We specialise in arranging sports tours to Ireland and cater for all travelling sports teams needs. Whether its basketball, soccer, golf, rugby, hockey or any other sport we have excellent contacts throughout the country and can deliver a bespoke travel solution to any sports team wanting to visit Ireland both North and South.
Ireland is an excellent and affordable location for any College or High School wanting to enrich their students travel experience. Through our many contacts, Link2Ireland can source a variety of competition levels for your teams to compete against.
Ireland is rich in both culture and history and has become a very safe and welcoming place to visit. When you combine the famous Irish hospitality your trip will exceed all expectations.
In August 2012 we welcomed Saint Joseph's University Women's Basketball Team to Ireland for a 10 day tour. The tour took "The Hawks" to both Northern and Southern Ireland during which they would have 5 competitive games against local opposition whilst also visiting some of Irelands most famous sites e.g. The Giant's Causeway, Cliff's of Moher and Guinness Factory to name a few. Read up on the whole experience here.
Please see below an example itinerary which we created for a US College sports team.
|Day 1||Arrive into Dublin||N/A||Coach Hire|
|Day 1||Galway City Hotel||Settle In/Light Training||Coach Hire|
|Day 2||Galway City Hotel||Game 1||Coach Hire|
|Day 3||Hotel Kinsale, Cork||Training/Sightseeing||Coach Hire|
|Day 4||Hotel Kinsale, Cork||Game 2||Coach Hire|
|Day 5||Hotel Dublin City||Training/Sightseeing||Coach Hire|
|Day 6||Hotel Dublin City||Game 3||Coach Hire|
|Day 7||Hotel Belfast City Centre||Training/Sightseeing||Coach Hire|
|Day 8||Hotel Belfast City Centre||Game 4||Coach Hire|
|Day 9||Hotel Belfast City Centre||Awards Dinner/Presentation||Coach Hire|
|Day 10||N/A||Onward journey home||Coach Hire|
We also cater for any Alumni wishing to accompany the team on their trip and can supply a dedicated itinerary for this purpose including recommended places to visit and things to do/see.
Please see an example of this below:
Recommended places to visit/things to do:
- Cliffs of Moher (http://www.cliffsofmoher.ie/)
- Adare Village (http://www.adarevillage.com/)
- Aran Islands (http://www.aranislands.ie/)
- Westport Golf Club (http://www.westportgolfclub.com/)
- Galway Golf Club (http://www.galwaygolf.com/)
- Blarney Castle/Stone (http://www.blarneycastle.ie/)
- Jameson Whiskey Distillery (http://www.cork-guide.ie/attractions/jhc.htm)
- Old Head Golf Club (http://oldhead.com/)
- Cork Golf Club (http://www.corkgolfclub.ie/)
- Guinness Factory (http://www.guinness-storehouse.com/)
- Open Top Bus Tour (http://www.dublinsightseeing.ie/citytour.aspx)
- Temple Bar Area (http://www.templebar.ie/)
- Royal Dublin Golf Club (http://www.theroyaldublingolfclub.com)
- The European Club (http://www.theeuropeanclub.com/)
- Open Top Bus Tour (http://www.belfastcitysightseeing.com/)
- Titanic Quarter (http://www.titanic-quarter.com/)
- Belvoir Golf Club (http://www.belvoirparkgolfclub.com/)
- Malone Golf Club (http://www.malonegolfclub.co.uk/)
- Holywood Golf Club (Home of Rory McIlroy) (http://www.holywoodgolfclub.co.uk/)
- Royal County Down Golf Club (http://www.royalcountydown.org/)
Sport Changes Life Foundation
We are a founding partner of the Sport Changes Life Foundation which is a not for profit foundation that helps young people who are disadvantaged and at risk throughout Ireland by encouraging and inspiring them through the medium of sport. We do this by working with students from the United States via our Victory Scholarship Program, an international educational opportunity for both student-athletes and students with an interest in the management of sport.
We are continually developing relationships with American Colleges and High Schools and as part of these relationships Link2Ireland & the Sport Changes Life Foundation can host College sports teams for their overseas tours to Ireland.