Adare Manor Golf Club
The Adare Golf Club is an 18 hole championship golf course which opened in 1995 and is set on the 840 acre estate of Adare Manor Hotel & Golf Resort in Co. Limerick, Ireland.
- 18 hole
- Par 72
- 6,590 Yards
This was the last major golf course designed by the legendary Robert Trent Jones, Senior. This majestic design has gained international acclaim as one of his finest creations.
It is situated only 35 miles from Shannon Airport. The Adare Golf Club measures 7,453 yards and uses 230 acres of lush Irish countryside. The exquisite parkland atmosphere of the demesne has been preserved with the course set amid magnificent mature trees. The course contains many aquatic features including a 14 acre lake anchoring the front nine holes. The River Maigue meanders through the entire golf course creating a sense of beauty and challenge.
“In terms of the ‘wow’ factor, it is easily in the top three parkland courses in the country”
- Kevin Markham (Author of ‘Hooked’)
“It's a magnificent venue, you could hold any tournament in the world on it and I just hope I'll be able to do it justice after coming so close last year"
- Christy O'Connor
“This is a course you would wish to come out and play time and time again" Padraig Harrington, winner JP McManus Invitational Pro Am 2005"
- Padraig Harrington
- Adare is a quiet and peaceful area with its picturesque thatched village which sits on the River Maigue.
- Home of the Irish Seniors Open
- 14th green sits on the doorstep of the Ancient Cathedral ruins.
- 16th par 3 has water between tee and green which will test your nerves as much as your skill.
- The Golf Club is home to an outstanding clubhouse which is an ideal place to enjoy those 19th hole refreshments.
- If you are staying in the manor you will not be disappointed with its grand rooms and excellent service but make sure you pay a visit to the Tack Room Bar in the Dungeon! This is a dungeon you won’t want to leave.
- Make sure you play ‘Little Adare’ as the locals so fondly call it. It is the original course called Adare Manor. Just play it to experience teeing off in front of the Ancient Cathedral at the 15th and finishing the hole on the doorstep of Ancient Castle ruins